Thursday, January 17, 2008

Comment Moderation Policy

Folks...

A while back, I turned on the comment moderation feature on my blog, not for the purpose of censoring anyone, or their thoughts on what I write about here, but rather it was because I started getting SPAM messages posted.

Recently, I've been having a lot of "anonymous" commenters...ok, not really a major problem, but it is annoying when I don't know who is addressing me. Besides it's not like you have to use your full, real name. Pick a handle and join the conversation. Hell, call yourself Bugs Bunny, for all I care!

But what I'm really getting tired of is the endless posts about conspiracies and fringe rantings that appear to be nothing more than a cut and paste of chain mails... especially since they have NOTHING to do with the post that they are commenting on. If you want to get the word out about Rockefeller and the Council on Foreign Relations, or the Trilateral Commission, or those sinister Kiwanis hell bent on taking over the world...START YOUR OWN BLOG and talk about it there.

So here is what I am going to do. Two rules.

1) No more anonymous commenters. (Unless you post something really thought provoking, in which case, I may make an exception.)

2) If your post has no relevance to anything I, or another commenter, have posted, talks of conspiracy theories (but I repeat myself), and/or appears to be little more than a chain letter, I will reject it for posting.

Sorry to have to do this... but I'd like to keep this blog a little more high-minded than that.

Thanks.
-LJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home