Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Anatomy of the State

When you think of classic essays - and I mean truly, classic, as the word tends to be thrown about much too carelessly - there can be no other peice better than Murray Rothbard's Anatomy of the State. Every now and then, I go back and re-read it, and find it as fresh and inspiring as it was the first time I came across it. LewRockwell.com has it as their lead article this morning.

I would attempt to provide an excerpt, to whet the appetite for reading the full essay, but picking an appropriate passage is a tough task. It really is that good. Go read it for yourself, here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've not read this rothbard essay, but his libertarian manifesto was my bible for years. even without reading it, however, i can definitely say that there are better pieces. jsm's on liberty comes to mind even without thinking on it, and i'm sure there's many more ;)

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Rothbardian Woman? Are you trying to seduce me, Stranger?

I've read On Liberty... It was good, but it pretty intense reading. I think Rothbard's essay (as his writing style in general) cuts right to the quick.

In any event, read this essay, and let me know what you think.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home