Monday, October 22, 2007

Dayton, Ohio: Top 10 Worst Cities for Jobs

When most of your major employers are government agencies (and government contractors), is it any wonder why your city ranks in the top 10 of cities with the lowest job growth.

This is a particularly sore subject for me because I have trying to make a career change for well over two years now. I have a masters degree in business, as well as a rather lengthy and diverse resume, but cannot seem to get any attention from prospective employers. Its frustrating, to say the least.

Oh well… persistence is the best policy. Something will shake loose soon, I’m sure.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason, I understand exactly what you are going through, because I am in the same boat. I have been trying to make the necessary career changes over the last year or so, and even went back to school thinking that would help. Is it any wonder Dayton is losing talented people, and therefore, its tax base? Good luck. I am almost willing to move across the country to find something in my field. And as for major employers being government agencies/contractors--its almost impossible to get jobs with them. (And I've tried. Aren't they mostly AA jobs anyway?) Good luck

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home