Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Ten Steps to Fascism

Here is a pretty engaging video of a lecture given by Naomi Wolf on a recent book of hers. (Note: It's a bit long... 45 minutes. So pack a lunch.)



Can you hear the Conservative now? ("Oh.. Wolf is a leftwing moonbat!") Maybe so, but how is that a response to the points she raises?

One of the defining marks of fascism is its rejection of intellectual discourse, in favor of sloganeering. I've yet to hear any of Wolf's critics engage her points in a rational manner.

3 Comments:

Blogger A Nonny Mouse said...

Consider the arguments of Jonah Goldberg's "Liberal Fascism", if you will. I'm about half way through the book, myself.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Libertarian Jason said...

Ive read reviews of it from sources I highly respect. From what I've heard, it has a decent foundation, but overall, its rather sloppy intellectually.

6:55 PM  
Blogger A Nonny Mouse said...

I suggest you actually read it before dismissing it out of hand.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home