Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tom Brinkman, Ohio's Ron Paul

In a further display of how devoid our Conservative friends are of any real intellectual integrity and principle, the Weapons of Mass Discussion blog take some pot shots at one of the most principled members of the Ohio State House of Representatives, Tom Brinkman. There's an interesting exchange in the comment section, which I attempted to contribute to, but WMD is really more about creating an echo chamber for the masterbatory thoughts of the pro-war crowd, than creating a forum for real discussion.

(Man, I love to hear Conservatives whine about how Republicans have no principles. I'm going to buy them all a compact mirror for Xmas.)

In any case, one of the contributors to that discussion wrote an excellent article on one of the virtues of Tom Brinkman's record as a legislator...specifically, that he's not qualified for Congress because he's just not corrupt enough!

I know Tom Brinkman. I've met him a couple of times, and a couple people I know used to work for him at his printing company. This is a good man whom I've always described as "Ohio's Ron Paul". He takes his job as a legislator seriously, and he is guided by his principles. Like Ron Paul, this does not make him too popular with the lobbyists.

I wish Tom Brinkman well in the upcoming primary election. If I lived in his district, I'd vote for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home