Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Going through changes, be back soon....

Dear Friends, State Lovers, and Other Readers...

I apologize for the lack of activity here over the past month. I have been going through some major life changes, which should steady themselves out in the next couple of weeks. At that time, I should get back to blogging, and will have lots to talk about.

In the meantime, I can say I'm mildly surprised to read that Senator Joe Lieberman was defeated in his primary by an anti-war opponent. Could this be the start of a sea change in the Democratic party to finally give some voice to the anti-war movement?

I know all those bloodthirsty neocons like Hannity and such will be howling in despair over this defeat. Lieberman has been their boy for quite some time. But now that a somewhat prominent political figure has fallen over the war issue, one begins to wonder what other changes might we see come November.

In any event... I look forward to returning to Yearning to Breathe Free, and posting regularly. See you soon!

-LJ

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!
Hope you return soon!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Jason, I don't see Lieberman's loss in the primary as a sea change, I see it as the function of national involvement in a local race, as always. I think the Democrats made a big miscalculation and Lieberman's current leads in the polls over Lamont will bear that out.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home