Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sign the Small Government Pledge

From The Center for Small Government :

The Small Government Pledge(SM)

"I vote small government. Every issue. Every time. No exceptions. No excuses.

"Here's what the Small Government PledgeSM means:

I will vote for and support only those candidates who consistently vote for small government; who work to make government smaller than it is today. For candidates who have never served in office, I will vote only for those who campaign to make government smaller than it is today.

I will vote against and refuse to support every candidate who votes to sustain or enlarge today's Big Government - or campaigns for it.

I will vote in every federal, state, and local election. If necessary, I'll get an absentee ballot. I'll find out about the choices on my ballot - and make sure I always vote small government.

If there is no small government candidate on the ballot, I will either write in and vote for a small government candidate or leave the ballot blank for that office.

I will vote for every ballot initiative and referendum that shrinks the size, spending, taxes, scope, or power of today's Big Government.

I will vote against every ballot initiative, referendum, and bond that increases the size, spending, taxes, scope, or power of today's Big Government."

Click here to take the Small Government PledgeSM and get a printable certificate you can sign and hang on your wall.


I doubt we'll find many Republicans signing this....

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan Warden said...

Perhaps Republicans won't sign it because they don't want the newsletter that comes with it.

I wrote out a very thoroughly thought out reason in the form for signing the pledge and then halted because of the newsletter.

Oh well. I'll make my pledge here and now. You disgusting elitist governors senators and politicians, I will never vote for you again. Yield to the return of the Statesman, a man who cares not for money, but rather the freedoms of their constituents. I vote for those who will let me live my life with freedom from your despicable ideas and your treachorous and tyrannous hand.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I almost signed it and then realized it was a Howell/ Cloud production. Not that I'm all that down on those two but they're pretty much just fundraisers for themselves, or so I've been led to believe.

I suspect their newsletter would just be one pitch after another to send them money. And that money would most likely go into their pockets, as opposed to being used for any sort of outreach.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home